Monday, October 20, 2008

For maximum amusement, first read previous blog entry.

Now that I'm back home, I thought I'd share a few stand-out memories of my trip back east.

#1
I am trying to meet my old buddy Laurie at her AA meeting, but can’t find my way around all the freeways which were not there thirty-five years ago. I am frantic, already half an hour late, gas tank on empty, getting more and more lost every mile. I see one of those highway signs that indicate gas stations at the next exit. But when I get off, it's only houses. Then I drive right past the freeway onramp.

This is the truth: it occurs to me that I’d feel a lot better if my mother was sitting next to me so I could yell, “It’s all your fault” then hit her while driving with the other hand.

(To be continued)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss you. You live too far away.