Sunday, March 28, 2010

They All Laughed at Edison and Also at Einstein

Today would have been our cat Prodigal’s 14th birthday. We held a little graveside ceremony. I set out an open can of cat food and we had a few moments of silence.

Then as soon as we were done I called our other kitties over to eat the food. Problem: they were none of them very interested.

So now I worry that flies will be drawn to it and that they will wander into our house.

But wait a minute—I remember an exciting piece of info I've been dying to share in this venue.

I know how to keep flies totally out of your house. I swear this really works:

Fill a sandwich-sized zip-lock bag with water, then tack it over your outside door.

I read this off the internet last summer, tried it, and we had not one fly in the house all year, where we usually have hundreds.

(I can just hear all the kids who bullied me in 7th grade. You think I’m insane, do you? Try it.
Every one of you will be sorry you harassed me. To a man(or woman), you will call to apologize and beg me to sit at your lunch table.)

Let's all sing! (to the tune of My Country Tis of Thee)

There ain't no flies on us
There ain't no flies on us
No flies on us
There may be one or two
Great big green flies on you
There ain't no flies on us
No flies on us.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So the flies are just confused by this? What does the sandwich bag over the door look like, decor-wise? Having problems with this, really. Not posted on April Fool's Day... hmmm. Confoozed. Respectfully so. You can sit at my lunch table anytime. Wish you were here, in fact.

Unknown said...

Disappointed there was only one post under tag: Song about flies. We need to do something about this, hmmm?

To the tune of Tip-Toe Through the Tulips:

Flies came
to my house, but
they were de-toured
by a plastic bag-gie

Flies came
to my house, but
no dice

Flies came
to my house, but
they were thwart-ed
by a water bomb-ah

Flies came
to my house
Now it's nice...

lyttie poe said...

Lovely comments.
I swear it is all true, and because no one ever looks up as they come in a door, no one sees it but the flies.